Digestzymes is a full-spectrum pancreatic enzyme supplement created specifically to promote digestive health. Insufficient digestion can lead to digestive problems such as cramping and diarrhea. It can also lead to more severe problems such as high blood pressure‚ plaque in your arteries and much more. For these reasons‚ it is important to have the right amount of enzymes in your digestive system so your body can digest and absorb the nutrients it needs.
Betaine HCl is the main ingredient in Digestzymes; it provides hydrochloride‚ which helps break down food in your stomach. This ingredient will establish a healthy balance of stomach acid if your levels are too low. Since a deficiency in those acids hinders absorption‚ it could cause other severe health problems. As a result‚ betaine HCl helps you effectively absorb certain needed nutrients.
The Digestzymes formula also contains the GastroENZ™ proprietary blend‚ which contains:
- Protease (acid protein and DPPIV) to break down protein.
- Amylase to help break down starch‚ which is naturally produced in the pancreas.
- Lipase helps break down certain fats during the digestive process‚ and is also produced by your pancreas.
- Pepsin converts proteins into amino acids during digestion.
- Ox bile extract works to digest and absorb fats.
- Lactase to digest lactose‚ which is contained in dairy products.
- Glucoamylase allows your body to use starch by converting it into glucose.
- Invertase metabolizes and digests a type of sugar known as sucrose.
- Diastase break downs carbohydrates and turns them into sugar.
Digestzymes™ before meals may be helpful when patients experience gas and bloating after eating, constipation, or a feeling of fullness after eating only a small quantity of food.